LNER/BR Class A8 4-6-2T Loco chassis for the DJH kit built locos. This chassis is available in both EM/P4 and OO gauges.
From what we've learned from producing the A5/2 kit, the A8 production chassis has been redesigned to make the chassis even better. Due to a lot of registered interest, a OO gauge version has been developed at the same time. Both EM/P4 and OO versions are now available from us for immediate despatch.
How to order. Go to the "Contact US" button and order by email or by telephone on 01670 362451. If you're ordering by mail, including a contact number or email address would be beneficial in the event of a query about your order.
Cheques should be made payable to "52F Models" or you can pay by BACS transfer if this is easier for you.
Customers please note. We don't cash customer's cheques or request a BACS transfer until your order is ready for dispatch.
© Peter Stanger 2011, all rights reserved. This is a computer generated 3D drawing of the new A8 EM/P4 chassis suitable for the DJH and Little Engines cast white metal bodies. We've now produced a OO updated chassis especially for the DJH kit built body
© Peter Stanger 2011, all rights reserved. This is a computer generated 3D drawing of our new A8 OO gauge chassis for the DJH and Little Engines cast whitemetal bodies.
1. Constructed from 0.38mm thick nickel silver. No need to buy an expensive chassis assembly jig, this chassis can be folded up around a 12" steel rule.
2. Features compensation on all 12 wheels.
3. All wheels are load bearing to provide the best possible adhesive weight for the driving wheels.
4. Features all new radial truck for the trailing axle.
5. Mainframes are prototypicaly waisted at the rear to allow radial truck ample sideways movement.
6. Trailing driving axle is mounted in hornblocks and is ride height adjustable.
7. Radial truck is ride height adjustable.
8. Coupling rods are double thickness.
9. Connecting rods are double thickness.
10. All new etched 4-piece etched crossheads.
11. All new prototypical profile bogie with etched horn blocks running in horn guides. 12. Prototypical externally mounted compensation beams with internal leaf spring.
13. Prototypical brake gear and rigging.
14. Separately applied loco springs.
15. Etched rear sand boxes.
16. Provision is made for Gibson Plunger Pickups on EM/P4 versions. Because all the driving wheels are in contact with the track at all times no additional pickups are needed.
17. 40:1, 2-stage reduction gearbox. Revised drive train for OO versions.
18. EM/P4 Chassis is prices at £55.00 plus £4.45 P&P.
19. OO chassis has a revised gearbox with additional gears and costs £56.50 plus £4.45 P&P
20. We recommend that you use a Coreless 1219 motor available from us at extra cost.
21. We can supply Gibson wheels for an additional £33.70 per set, post free if ordered with one of our chassis kits. If ordered separately please add £4.45 P&P