NER class P1, LNER/BR class J25 EM gauge loco and tender chassis.
This chassis is a direct replacement for the rigid chassis supplied with the Alexander Models kit. Price £55.00 plus £3.00 2nd class postage. Now supplied with a revised and improved Mk 3 tender chassis giving the loco and tender all-wheel compensation.
Customers please note. We don't cash Customer's cheques or request a BACS transfer payment until your order is ready for dispatch.
© Peter Stanger 2010 All rights reserved. This is our own demonstrator J25, No. 65727 of Blyth shed as running in the early 1950's this loco was fitted with a single line buffer beam snowplough for use on the Wanny line, the Rothbury branch and the Border counties line. The snowplough was scaled from photgraphs and reproduced as an etched part and can be detached by removing two wires through the holes that would have held the front guard irons. The model is fitted with our etched footsteps and etched lamp irons. Both loco and tender are fitted with Gibson wheels. Gibson plunger pickups were used on the loco to avoid detracting from the highly detailed brake rigging.
1 Comprehensive instructions comprising of 8, A4 pages of assembly instructions. One A4 page of diagrams and a parts list. The fret has part numbers etched beside each part for easier identification.
2 The NER Class P1, LNER/BR Class J25 is the latest addition to our Easi-Rider range of loco chassis for kit built loco's. The chassis etch is in 0.38mm nickel silver for improved strength and rigidity. No need to buy an expensive chassis assembly jig, this chassis can be folded up around a 12" steel rule.
3. The chassis fits the Alexander and Nu-Cast bodies with only one small alteration to the drag box under the cab. This has to be reduced in height by approx 1mm to accomodate the two wires holding the brake pull lever. We have successfully fitted one of these chassis to the London Road Models etched kit with a little extra effort to allow for the difference in footplate thickness.
4. The all new chassis works on the same proven principles as our NER P3, LNER/BR J27 chassis but with the benefit of hindsight and experience has even more detailed features.
5. We still use the tried and proven 54:1 2-stage gearbox and Mashima 1420 motor for EM gauge and either a 1220 motor for OO versions.
6. The coupling rods are made up from 8 etched pieces and pivot on the crankpins.
7. The brake hangers are prototypical in appearance and the rigging is prototypical in operation. (See image of the underside of the chassis)
8. Provision has been made for the use of Gibson Plunger Pickups. Should you wish to use American style current collection then pickups aren't necessary at all.
9. Our test chassis will run 24" Radius curves in EM gauge.
10. Cost of the loco and tender chassis kit is £55.00 plus £3.00 P&P
11. Cost of loco chassis kit with Mashima 1420 motor £82.50 plus £3.00P&P.
12. Gibson Loco and tender wheel set costs £33.70, post free when ordered with a chassis kit. If ordered separately please add £4.45 P&P.
13. Cheques should be made payable to "52F Models".
How to order. Go to the "Contact US" page and order by email or by telephone on 01670 362451. If you're ordering by mail, including a contact number and email address would be beneficial in the event of a query about your order.
Photo © Peter Stanger. This shot shows the retractable brake gear to allow wheel fitting.