Gresley/Robinson class A5/2 4-6-2T tank loco kit in etched brass and nickel silver available in EM/P4 and OO gauges. The cost of the loco kit is £159.00. Gibson wheel set £36.59, Coreless 1219 motor £27.50. Insured post £8.95. Please allow one week from the receipt of the order for delivery. Customers please note. We don't cash cheques or ask for BACS transfers until your order is ready for dispatch
©Peter Stanger 2011, all rights reserved. This is the first complete loco kit from 52F Models and is a natural progression from designing and offering for sale improved chassis' for kit built loco kits. We feel that the A5/2 kit fills a need for big tank loco's that operated in the North Eastern area. They were regular performers in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne area until their extinction in 1960.
This model won the prestigious Silver Jubilee Trophy awarded by the EM Gauge Society for the best scratch built, steam outline model at their AGM on Saturday 19th of February 2010.
1. Very comprehensive assembly instructions with colour photographs and CAD diagrams for both chassis and body. There is an on line help page on our website "Building an A5/2"
2. Chassis is etched in 0.38mm nickel silver and the loco is compensated on all 12-wheels.
3. No need to buy an expensive chassis assembly jig. This chassis can be folded up around a 12" steel rule.
4. All 12 wheels are load bearing and the trailing wheels under the bunker operate in a radial truck with the frames appropriately wasted to allow 1.5mm per side radial movement. This is a first in 4mm railway modelling.
5. The drive mechanism is incorporated into the front compensation mechanism ensuring that the gears remain in mesh no matter what the wheels are doing.
6. 54:1 double reduction gear set supplied.
7. Prototypical brake gear and rigging that's removable to allow wheel fitting.
8. Provision has been made to allow the use of Gibson Plunger pickups. Because all the driving wheels are in contact with the track at all times, there's no need for additional pickups.
9. The loco superstructure is etched in 0.38mm brass.
10. Smokebox door, chimney, snifting valve, dome, tank vent pipes, firebox front, firebox back head and brake cylinder are all white metal castings. The Westinghouse pump fitted to early LNER versions is a whitemetal casting.
11. The vacuum brake pipes, Westinghouse brake pipes steam heating pipes, engine handbrake and water scoop operating handles safety valves and whistle are all lost wax castings.
12. Sprung buffers, 2 GCR and 2 LNER Group standard are supplied with the kit.
13. Fully detailed cab with etched screw reverser. Alternative white metal cast reverser is supplied.
14. Pre-rolled boiler with lap joint for ease of soldering.
15. Pre-formed cab roof.
16. Per formed Belpaire firebox
17. Turned smokebox door darts.