Matthew Holmes designed NBR Class "D", LNER/BR class J83 0-6-0T Loco kit.
If you'd like a modified Gibson wheel set with your kit, please add an additional £29.90.
If you'd like a Coreless 1219 motor with your kit, please add an additional £27.50. Both items are carriage free if ordered with a loco kit.
Customers please note. We don't cash Customer's cheques or request a BACS transfer payment until your order is ready for dispatch.
©Peter Stanger 2014, all rights reserved. This is the finished model on the test track. The model has been built to represent a class J83 as running in the mid 1950's. The kit includes all the necessary parts to build NBR, LNER and BR versions of the class J83.
The kit is available in EM/P4 as well as a OO version. Both versions will cost £105.95 of P&P £8.00 Insured Post Delivery. UK Mainland only.
1. Loco chassis and body etched parts made entirely from 0.38mm (0.015") nickel silver.
2. Make or break parts pre-formed by us using jigs and fixtures. The lap jointed boiler is rolled by us. The cab rear bulkhead, the tank sides, the smoke box wrapper, cab roof, the cab doorway beading and the tank top handrails are all preformed by us.
3. All versions of this long lived, versatile tank engine can be built from this kit.
4. Fully detailed cab with operating, folding cab doors.
5. NBR style sprung buffers included.
6. Fold up, fully compensated and load bearing chassis etched from 0.38mm nickel silver.
7. Custom 2-stage reduction 54:1 ratio gearbox is part of the rear compensation unit.
8. Two sets of prototypical brake gear supplied for early and later rebuilt versions.
9. Both the later style fluted and the original plain coupling rods supplied.
10. Comprehensive lost wax brass and white metal fittings supplied with the kit.
11. We have included an etched coupling set that can be used on those models that had screw couplings fitted.
12. Comprehensive assembly instructions and 19 pages of 3D CAD drawings and 2 pages of dimensioned pipework drawings showing every stage of how we assembled this kit prior to it before being offered for sale to the general public.
13. Needs wheels, motor, paint and transfers to complete.
14. We can supply Gibson wheel sets and Coreless 1219 motors at extra cost. At the time of writing Mashima Motors are no longer but we can supply a Coreless 1219 alternative available from us at £27.50 each. Gibson wheel sets are available for an additional £33.40 per set. We offer a wheel modification service that enables us to counter bore and countersink the inside of the wheel to allow the crank pin to be fitted correctly into the wheel boss. We charge £1.50 per wheel for this service £9.00 for a set of six driving wheels.
15. If wheels and a motor are ordered with a kit then these items too are carriage free.